Sunday, November 4, 2018

´I am a Goddess´

A few years ago we did a fun mindfulness and yoga practice to some riders in Hungary. It was a pretty short half an hour but I incorporated something that I love doing when teaching yoga. While practicing we open the hands toward the sky and say "I am a goddess".

Every time we do this exercise I have realized that stating words such as "I am wonderful", "Olen Ihana", "I am a goddess" is truly empowering and energizing. It is for most of us the first time that we say something like that about ourselves and even if it might be a bit hard at first it gives us a strong sense of freedom once we get into the flow.

After the practice, the next day there were middle aged women running around in Hungary or passing by with their horses saying, "Kia, I am a goddess" and I almost had to turn it all down a notch, so much excitement was there in just having the space to say, and maybe for a moment even feel deep within the heart that we are good and worthy of love.

***********************'

And then tonight I met a girl in her thirties and we happened to start talking. When we met she was talking to her mother on the phone and I caught myself thinking. "What a pleasant person, and she really seems to care so much about her family as well".

An hour later we are still talking and I can hear myself giving her advice. I can hear myself say that "no, it is not supposed to be like that. Not in any corner of our lives." "You are not supposed to feel like that even if it would be work, friendships, family or any other relationship that you are having. You are an amazing person, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

And it is like that. Do not let anybody tell you that you are not good enough. That you are not worthy of your space in your organization, or that you are the problem to all your relationship issues. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not worthy of friendship because you are you. Or tell you that you can't become a doctor, psychologist, lion tamer or any other thing that you set your heart into.

BECAUSE WE ALL ARE WORTHY. We are all worthy of love and kindness, and no thirty year old girl with a kind and warm heart should feel like she is not enough.

Tomorrow when you wake up, start your day by stepping out in front of the mirror, look yourself in the eyes, straighten your spine and say these words out loud:

"I am a goddess".

And don't say it as a fun thing. Say it like you truly mean it. Because even if we sometimes fall and learn and fall again, we should not let go of our self-worth and boundaries. We were all born as fantastic human beings. Don't let anyone take that away from you. (Now, if this would be a podcast, you would hear me roar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment