Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Topi's first lesson

Today we started with some basic things such as lifting the feet and just walking around. One year old foal Topi was very well behaved and I was happy to have a small dually halter designed by Monty Robert's when training Topi. The dually halter effectively rewards horses for acting in partnership with the handler. The halter is a useful training aid when leading, loading and long-lining.


After the visit to Topi we continued with my friend to Tampaja and went for a short walk with Tesello and washed him. He has really started to enjoy his almost daily showers in the heat.

During the summer I love to have lunch at my favourite Café Wilhelmsdal in Inkoo city. The café is next to the library and a really wonderful place. They serve the best pie there and very good coffee. Next to the café there is a new interior design shop called the 'Pikku Puoti' that recently opened its doors. You can find the most amazing small things for home or as a summery present to friends or relatives from the little shop. Definitely worth a visit.

Tomorrow I will fly with Air Åland to Åland Islands for the start of the crayfish season. We are meeting there with several girlfriends and hopefully enjoying a few more sunny days and some good fête out there. Really looking forward to it. Now I will enjoy the rest of the evening in the company of my brother, my cousin and a good friend. I feel very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment